Family Self Sufficiency (FSS) Program
How the Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) Program
- The FSS Program is a voluntary five year program offered to Housing Choice Voucher families to help them in becoming more self-sufficient.
- When a family enters the program, they meet with a FSS Program Coordinator to discuss their needs and to set goals.
- Together, the FSS Coordinator and family set goals that can be achieved over a 5 year period. The family can set any goal they wish but the main goal for every family must be to obtain and maintain full-time employment and to be free of welfare assistance.
- Once goals are finalized, the family signs an FSS Contract and completes and Individual Training and Services Plan.
- The family works together with the FSS Program Coordinator to achieve their goals and to become more self sufficient.